My breast incision. Is this normal? (photo)

I can't help but wonder why this scar is like this I've asked before but the pic wasn't as clear can anybody help is this normal I had breast implants 21/06/16

My breast incision. Is this normal?

Based on the photo the incision only seems to be having delayed recovery. As long as there is no fluid excreted from the incision and as long as it is dry then there is nothing to worry about.

London Plastic Surgeon

My breast implant incision. Is this normal?

Thank you for your question.  It appears that one in of the incision is wider than the rest and that this was likely caused by a suture spit or other delay in healing in that portion of the incision.  As long as the area is dry and there is no drainage you should be fine.  However it is best that you see your plastic surgeon for an examination, explanation, and a discussion of whether or not a scar revision will eventually be needed.

Breast scar healing

Hi there
Thanks for the further picture. This is more helpful. One end is now apparently slightly raw but will heal without an issue if you pop a little dressing on it. The rest of the scar looks excellent. Do go back to your surgeon and they can advise.
Good luck

Incision During Post-Op Healing

Hello and thank you for your question. Here are some of the basic instructions provided for our patients in regards to post-operative healing:Rest: After surgery you will be groggy from the anesthesia. We recommend going home and resting or sleeping on your back by propping yourself up with several pillows. Food: Once you feel up to eating, start with bland items such as toast or crackers or even a smoothie. Test your stomach to make sure you do not feel nauseous when you eat. Try to maintain a healthy well-balanced diet to improve your recovery process. Be sure to eat fiber rich foods, because the medications you are taking can cause constipation. Medication: Be sure to begin taking all mediations as prescribed. Initial discomfort of the breasts is controlled with pain medication and a muscle relaxer. Showering:  You may shower three (3) days after surgery. Dressings: These will vary from patient to patient. Some patients may be placed in a sports bra; others will wear a stabilizing elastic support strap. Your doctor will decide after surgery and in subsequent weeks, what is necessary for your needs. Sutures: Most sutures dissolve on their own within a few weeks.If you are feeling concerned or uncomfortable in any way with your incisions it would be best to see your surgeon in person right away. The area can be evaluated for proper healing and make sure that there is no infection. Best of luck to you!

Thank you for your question, and for providing the picture.
While the redness may be due to normal inflammation during the healing process, it's probably best to contact your surgeon for an evaluation of not only the incision itself, but also the entire breast to make sure there is nothing amiss.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Breast augmentation incision

Thank you for the question and the photo.  The incision seems a little irritated.  It would be best to have your plastic surgeon take a look at the incision and the breast augmentation itself to make sure that everything is healing as best as possible.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast scar... normal?

congratulations on your procedure.the scar is red due to the healing process. with time the redness should become better. follow up with your doctor for a close examination and guidance in your healing.