Breast enlargement for asymmetrical breast- breast one sided lift, areola correction with cohesive gel implants (Mentor) (Photo)

I've had two consultations. Both surgeons have said something slightly different my first consultation suggested I have a breast lift on my left side with a slight reduction, correct the areola size to match and get 2 different size implants 300 cc on the right 350 cc on the left. With the 2nd surgeon he suggested the same procedure a reduction on the left to match the size on right with a lift on the left but the same size implants In both. As we are getting them the same size first?pleasehelp

Breast Enlargement/Lift

Thank you for your question. Your left breast is bigger and droopier then your right. You will need a breast lift on the left and different size implants. If you did a lift alone on the left, you may need different profile implants on each breast. A breast lift, lifts the breast. It doesn't remove breast tissue. A breast reduction lifts the breast and removes breast tissue. Personally I would do a lift on your left breast and use different size implants for your breast enlargement. There are three main different types of lifts. A donut lift, where the incision goes around the nipple, a vertical lift (a.k.a. Lollipop lift) and an anchor lift. Your left breast would require either an anchor or lollipop lift. It's not uncommon to get different opinions from different plastic surgeons. There's more then one way to perform a procedure. For more information please watch the enclosed video and I hope you find this information helpful. 

Best breast operation for breast asymmetry?

Thank you for the question and pictures. It is extremely common to receive different opinions from different plastic surgeons about the best way to treat a specific “problem”. Each plastic surgeon may have his/her opinion that is based on their specific/unique education, experience, and personal preferences.  

Although these different opinions can be confusing and a source of anxiety for patients, it is good for patients to understand the different options available. Ultimately, it will be up to each patient to do their due diligence and select their plastic surgeon carefully. Part of this selection process will involve the patients becoming comfortable with the plastic surgeon's experience level and abilities to achieve their goals as safely and complication free as possible. If I were you, I would ask to see as many examples as possible of similar patients who your plastic surgeons have helped.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.