Breast augmentation or breast lift with implants? (Photo)

I want to have different Drs opinions I have seen three Drs 2 said I can do just an augmentation one said I need a lift with implants. What do u think

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, I recommend you soft cohesive silicone implants about 350 cc's you will look pretty and they will be perky.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

High profile implants provide some lifting

Hi nuzo1983. Thank you for sharing photos.  Your desired breast shape and size determines what needs to be done. Since your left breast nipple areolar complex appears lower, you may benefit from a lift on the left side, otherwise high profile implants will provide pleasing contours.  You can do the lift after implants are placed to know for sure whether it is necessary-may be done with local anesthesia without significant downtime.  Good luck!

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi Nuzo,
Please put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision. If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane. The video below explains the dual plane internal lift. I also attached an article from a peer-reviewed journal to give you an even better idea. I believe the dual plane and implants alone will do it for you, and that you will not need a lift. Be sure to seek a consultation with a BC PS to be sure. All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Breast augmentation or breast lift with implants?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos which demonstrate mild sagging, you would appear to be a borderline case.  You might get by with implants alone, especially if they're on the larger side (fill more of the loose skin).  If you do need a breast lift, it would be limited in extent.  Be sure to consult with an experienced certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Implant and periareolar lift for breast deflation

Dear Nuzo1983. Thank you for the the question. From the photos, it looks as if there is quite a bit of breast deflation with loss of volume. Although implants will take up some of the slack tissue and improve volume, it is likely that a small uplift will improve the overall result. It is obviously a close call, which generally means that either surgical plan will work. Good luck!

Do I need a lift with breast implants?

Dear Nuzo

Many thanks for posting your question. From your photographs, it appears you are very much a borderline case - which would explain the differing opinions of the 3 doctors you have seen.

Breast surgery often involves compromise, and in your situation it is between getting the best shape, but accepting the scars of a breast lift vs. minimising scarring, but risking compromise on the best shape.

Personally, I think that shape is the most important aspect of the breast, so my suggestion would be to have the lift too.

I hope this helps, and good luck

Do you need a lift?

Dear Nuzo, this is a good question and one that I get very often.  It is difficult to give a comprehensive opinion on the basis of photographs alone, but it looks like you are a borderline case to me.  I think that the shape of your breasts would be improved with a lift and this could be combined with implants if you wanted your breasts to be bigger.  However, a lift with implants does come with the potential for increased complications and there is more scarring than if you were to have implants alone.

I think that you may be able to have implants only, although it would be a compromise as the shape would not be as good as it would with a lift, however the complications and the scarring is less.

I am not surprised that you have had different opinions from the doctors as it is always difficult in these cases.  I would aim to find a surgeon who can show you photographs of cases that he or she has done of patients similar to you with a lift and implants and with implants alone and see if you can come to a decision as to what might be best for you.

Because of your asymmetry ans thin breast tissue a breast lift with breast implants under the muscle is likely your best option. To understand the risk of not having a lift please read below.

Best Option for Mild Sagging

If your mild sagging is bothering you at all,  I would consider a breast lift at the time of your augmentation. Implants alone do not treat sagging, nor do they lift a breast. They make you larger, and the sagging naturally progresses. You are thin and the left side is a bit low, so if you do implants alone, they make have to go over the muscle as the submuscular pocket is high. With over the muscle placement the implant will be more perceptible and could even show in certain body positions and that is called rippling. The larger you go, the higher the risk. If your breast is lifted and tightened, your implant can be placed under the muscle, which affords more tissue coverage over the implant.