Brazilian butt lift; Is there a limit on how much fat can be taken out to transfer to buttocks?

When having a Brazilian butt lift does the surgeon take out as much fat from the abdominals and flanks (and other areas requested by the patient) as they can or is there a limit they take out? And how much ml's of fat to transfer in buttocks is recommended to to see a difference in the buttocks?

Dear Jellylook,Thank you very much for your question about safety in BBL surgery; here are my answers:1) liposuction: the target usually is to reduce the area of interest as much as possible to blend very naturally with the rest of the body. Currently in UK we recommend to remove not more than 3-4 litres per session.2) the minimum volume to inject per side is between 2-400cc (depending on how large is the surface). The maximum volume limit is currently set at 1-1.2 litres.I hope you will find these answers useful and I look forward to hear from you.With best regards,Stefano Cotrufo

London Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction limits

Thank you for your question. While you can liposuction several areas at once there is a limit to how much fat can be removed safely. Risks from liposuction increase significantly when over 5 liters of fat are suctioned out. We usually stay below this limit for patient safety. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon