Botox / fillers for podge between chin and cheek? (Photo)

I have what seems like an extra bit of fat that droops/folds forward towards my chin. In a relaxed state it gives me an awful profile. I've looked at fillers for jaw line to bring my chin forward but would this fix/minimise this podge ? I am a slim and lean dancer so weight loss doesn't really change this.

Jowl / marionette formation

I would suggest mid-face and carefully placed lower face volumisation using dermal filler - the jowl is beginning to form due to fat pad decent in the midface so injection of Juvederm Voluma or equivocal product in appropriate areas of the mid-face will help.  It's difficult to tell in the pictures but it looks like there is also lift capacity from injection of the pre-auricular area - just in front of ear and also top of jawline with a similar product that could further provide lift and improvement of the jowl and marionette line you describe. The procedure should be carried out by an experienced clinician. 

Botox / fillers for podge between chin and cheek?

Hello cheb05,What you are seeing is something called the marionette line.  This occurs with time as the cheeks begin to droop and push forward.  This is best addressed with fillers placed into that line to help elevate the crease you are seeing.  This is not filler placed at the jawline as you had mentioned, but rather right at the source of the problem.  There are several different good filler options for that area.I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or plastic surgeon who does his or her own injections.  I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

That extra skin laxity is commonly termed “jouls” and is very common with aging. Fillers to enhance the chin, or even utilized in the cheek region to restore volume, can significantly improve this! I would suggest Juvederm Voluma or Restylane Lyft for either location and the duration would be approximately 1 year for Restylane Lyft and 2 years for Voluma.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Volume loss

Typically this happens when you begin to lose volume in the mid cheek.  it is best to address the cheek volume first to restore the lost volume and lift the skin.  It is best to see a board certified plastic surgeon/dermatologist for proper recommendations and best results.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Filler treatment for lower face

You have melomental folds, also referred to as marionette lines, which run from the corners of the mouth towards the mandible. These are the result of the typical aging process, both fat loss and descent in the midface and bony loss along the mandible. They can be corrected using fillers. Voluma or Radiesse or Restylane Lyft could be injected into the midface to provide a lift and also soften the fold while Juvederm UltraPlus, Restylane, Voluma, or Radiesse could be injected directly along the fold to provide support and soften the line itself.

Treatment for marionette lines and jowls

Thank you for your question cheb05. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. Marionette lines and jowls can be addressed with fillers. For my patients I recommend Voluma in the upper cheeks. This restores the youthful apple of the cheek and pulls the face upward to address the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and jowls. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician