I'm booked in for uplift and implants in 3 weeks time but worried implants are not big enough

I went to see a surgeon with regards to breast implants. He suggested a lift at same time. This didn't shock me as after breast feeding 3 children they have dropped quite a bit. My issue is that he is only willing to put in 295cc. I am currently a b cup and would have liked to go t dd but he doesn't recommend. Does anyone know what 295cc will take me to. I don't want to spend all this money and not be happy with the outcome. Waited 18 years for this so want to get it right

Unsure about breast implant size

You must trust your doctor!
If there is any doubt at this stage you must discuss this with your surgeon as soon as possible, well before the survey.
If you are still unsure after this conversation then do not go ahead - seek a second opinion.

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, I recommend you soft cohesive silicone implants about 350 cc's you will look pretty and they will be perky.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Worries about the implant size with lift?

Hi Tanya,
Its seems unrealistic to reply you without seeing the pictures of what you have and what you are looking about without any data about your size of chest height and weight.
I think you need to re post your question along with all the information and the images.
Wishing you good luck

Implants going to be too small?

I is very difficult to advise you about this without seeing you. Cup size is a very unreliable way to discuss outcome and it is easy for a patient and surgeon to misunderstand each other unless the examination is reinforced with other methods to simulate the result, such as sizers in the bra or, my preferred method, 3-D imaging. If you are not sure, before you spend all that money, it would be wise to think about getting another opinion from a reputable surgeon in your area.

Thank you for your question.  It's pretty much difficult to predict breast cup size over this platform.  There is much variability with bra makers.  Also, surgeons often rely on an exam, use of sizers, 3D imaging and experience to determine the best implant choice to meet your specified goals.  If you're concerned with one surgeon's recommendation, it may be a good idea to get a couple of other consultations with experienced board certified plastic surgeons before moving forward.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS