Blood work before bbl surgery.

I have my bbl surgery soon and I was not asked for any blood work. Is this dangerous?

Blood work before bbl surgery.

They may have a time frame to request from their patience no surgery should proceed with out knowing the health of the patient such as hemoglobin blood count etc please make sure the tests required are performed before you proceed best of wishes.

Blood work before bbl surgery.

Most surgeons will do some blood work prior to surgery, but some surgeons do not.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Blood work before bbl surgery

Thank you for your question. Blood work is required before surgery to make sure patients are healthy and fit for surgery. The type of lbs required will depend on the patients age and medical history. Best is to ask your specific surgeon about this to make sure why they didnt ask you for any.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Blood work before bbl surgery.

Pre op blood work will address your general state of health, specially your hemoglobin levels .   For a BBL usually a pre op routine is advised. Unless you are having a very small lipo with very moderate results.  It doesn't hurt to call your doctors office and make sure . Every practice has their own rules . 

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Pre-Op testing

Pre-op testing is usually based on your age and if you have any medical problems. If you are healthy, then usually the surgeon and facility you are going to do not require any testing. 

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon