Need a second blood test - slightly low iron.

Hi - I have just had a call from the surgery asking me to go in tomorrow for a further blood test my surgery BL is next Friday - they say just a precaution to see it hasn't stayed same or gone down - it was slightly low haemoglobin I believe around 10.5 when I had my first test 1st July - I have been on 325mg FS since as given by my doctor which I started on 14th of June - is it likely they will cancel my surgery? Am so keyed up now and in the right head space that this would be devastating.

Low iron

Thank you for your question.If you have been taking iron tablets it should improve your haemoglobin. All you can do is await the results of your second blood test. Try not to worry.Good luck

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Low Hb

I would not be concerned. You have taken Iron and your Hb was not below 10 to start with. This is unlikely to be a contraindication to proceeding and I would await the result which no doubt will be higher.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD