Could I benefit from a chin implant with a rhinoplasty procedure? (Photos)

Could I benifit from a chin implant with a rhinoplasty procedure ? How much extra time and chances of complications is added if I decide to go for both procedures together? What kind of a chin do I have? And what kind of implant would I require if I actually need one. I would highly appreciate your honest opinion. Thank you !

Combination Surgeries

A rhinoplasty will help correct your nasal bump and mild tip drooping. Your nose and chin are related, for instance if you have a small chin it will tend to exaggerate the size of your nose. A chin implant will help improve your facial balance and harmony. Combining these two procedures often improves your final result, although the chin implant can be done at another time there maybe a cost saving by combining the treatments. You should consult with an experienced, facial plastic surgeon to see what your options are. Find a plastic surgeon who understand your aesthetic goals and can help your achieve them.

Chin Implant

You do appear to be a good candidate for a chin implant with your rhinoplasty. But I would have computer imaging so you can see if it is beneficial to you.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

The photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose with dorsal hump, and a weak, recessive chin profile. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, reducing the projection of the nose, narrowing the bridgeline and refinement of the nasal tip. A chin implant can be placed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile, to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projected nose. For many before-and-after examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Could I benefit from a chin implant with a rhinoplasty procedure?

Hi, I have performed many Rhinoplasty Surgeries over the past 30 years and have often combined Rhinoplasty with Chin Augmentation using a Chin Implant.  From the photos, your nose has a dorsal hump, is wide, with an under-rotated nasal tip and the chin is quite weak.  Rhinoplasty by itself can thin and refine the shape of the nose but will not be able to provide the harmony and balance, to the lower face, that a chin implant would offer.  There are many sizes, shapes and types of chin implants but I have had good results using the anatomical type made of silastic. I have included information about chin implant surgery below.  When performed as mentioned, by an experienced chin implant surgeon, there is very minimal risk in my humble opinion.  In contrast, placing the chin implant through the mouth is fraught with all sorts of possible "unwanted" side effects and complications. I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery combined with a Closed Rhinoplasty and would expect bot procedures to take about 1 1/2 hours.

Hope this helps.