Benelli Lift with Augmentation (photo)

I have recently been to see a surgeon and have been told that I am a good candidate for a benelli lift with augmentation. I do not want a large implant, I would prefer to have the lift alone. Am I a suitable candidate for this? Or would it be advisable to have both? My natural cup size is a small C, I have some sagging due to weight loss. Not concerned about upper breast being flat; I have no cleavage and don't mind this either. My breasts are mildly tubular. Please advise!

What should I do with my breasts?

Dear Sky

Many thanks for posting your question and photograph

It is hard to give an accurate opinion with just one photograph to view, however, from what I can see, you do not have tuberous or tubular breasts and I can't see why any suggestion was made to perform a mastopexy

A breast augmentation alone would appear to be the best option (with the implant choice dependent on clinical examination), or alternatively fat grafting might be an option

I would suggest seeing one or two other surgeons for an opinion before going ahead, so you can be confident that you make the best decision for yourself

Good luck

Breast Lift Technique with Implants

The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.

The Benelli lift as performed by most surgeons is just the donut lift, removing a donut shaped piece of areola and skin then using a #Pursestring or double purse-string suture to tighten the skin. A true Benelli actually will expose much of the breast through this incision and then the breast itself is shaped and lifted with sutures. With the “lollipop” technique, an incision is made around the areola and another between the areola and breast crease. This technique avoids a long scar in the crease under the breast , which was an older technique known as the “anchor” or “inverted T.” 

I prefer the “lollipop” technique or “donut lift” to avoid more significant scarring, rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift.

Benelli Lift with Augmentation

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BA with lift

Your photos are not uniform and some taken from above downwards which can distort the amount of perceived drooping. My best advice is to select the most qualified procedure rather than the method (see below link for tips on how to do this). Price varies based on where the procedure is done, how long it takes, experience of the surgeon, etc
#breastaugmentation
#breastlift
#Breastliftwithimplants

Question regarding breast implants and mastopexy

It is very difficult to get a good view of the breast with just one photograph, but from the photograph presented I do not think that you need any form of mastopexy.  

I think you alreday have a nice shape to your breasts and they do not look droopy enough to uplift them.

Enlargement of your breasts is a different issue cosmetically and a personal option that you may want to discuss further with a qualified plastic cosmetic surgeon.

I wish you all the best in your journey.

Stick with implant alone

Thank you for your question and photo.  While it is hard to give perfect advise with one photo and no in-person exam, from what I can see I agree with the other surgeons.  You have a nicely shaped breast with no obvious need for a breast lift.  I think a benelli lift would do nothing but flatten your breast and leave you with an unnecessary scarring.  You would likely do very well with an implant alone.  I would suggest you get a few more opinions and pick the board certified plastic surgeon with whom you feel the most comfortable.  Regards,
MHS

I don't think you need an uplift (Benelli or otherwise)

I agree with Dr. Marc Pacifico, In your photo, I don't see any reason why you need an uplift. Similarly, I don't think your breast is tubular/tuberous).

In the photo I think you have a nice shaped breast, and just a small implant might give you what you are after. 

An uplift involves more scarring (and more cost). If you are unhappy with just the implant, then an uplift is still an option later.

As Marc says, get a few more opinions and go with the surgeon you feel most comfortable with.

All the very best.

Benelli lift and augmentation?

I really don't think that the 'lift' will significantly improve the result and will almost certainly leave you with an unpleasant and unnecessary scar around the nipple. I would certainly advise against it in your case and would suggest you seek a consultation from a reputable surgeon in your area, who can offer you a 3-D imaging assessment to help illustrate the choices you have available to you.

James Murphy, FRCS(Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift+Aug

I disagree.  You have a beautiful breast, and I think a small implant alone will give you the improvement you desire.  Not to mention that the aug scar will be much more satisfactory that the Benelli scar, and t your nipple sensation will be intact.. Before you have a Benelli lift, make sure you see before and after pictures on several patients.  Once you have the Benelli scar scar, you can't go back.  Please think about this

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Benelli Lift with Augmentation

I perform circumareolar mastopexies (a variation of the Benelli lift) on a regular basis for tuberous breasts, oversized areolar, and patients with mild ptosis, so I am very familiar with this technique.  In viewing your photo, it appears that a circumareolar lift wil do little to help, could likely worsen your appearance, and as a result I would advise against it.

The easiest option would be a modest sized implant through a breast crease incision.  A good alternative if you want to avoid a foreign body would be fat grafting to the breast to improve fullness.  If neither option sounds good to you, I would suggest not having surgery at all as your breasts already have a nice natural shape without excessive drooping.  Good luck!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon