Would I benefit from a mastopexy (Breast/nipple lift)? (23yr, 36DD)

I have always thought I had droopy breasts. Today I had a consultation with a surgeon to be told that they are slightly droopy but actually they are fine and he seemed reluctant to do surgery on me. He said I have a tall chest so it makes them look droopier than they actually are, he said an implant would make them too big (already a DD) and wasn't sure if I would benefit from a lift as eventually they will sag again. Please advise as to whether I would benefit from mastopexy

Breast lift

Without any photos it is difficult to render an opinion if a lift would be beneficial.  If you are unhappy with your breasts because you perceive them to be droopy but you are happy with the size, then a lift is generally the surgery of choice.  It is the duty of the surgeon to give you a realistic opinion of what you can expect from surgery, and it seems that was done.  It never hurts to get another opinion as philosophies differ among doctors.  Best of luck.

Most Appropriate Procedure

Thank you for your question. It would be necessary to review photos or see you in person in order to give you personalised advice. It may be helpful for you to visit more than one Plastic Surgeon for consultation so that you can compare feedback.Be sure to select a board certified Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to fully answer your questions without examining you.  Think of implants as being used in changing the size.  Depending on the placement, they will help very little in correcting ptosis or "sagging".  A mastopexy or breast lift should be thought of as lifting the breast by removing excess skin and raising the level of the nipple.  Typically as a woman ages and after childbirth, the skin has stretched and lost elasticity requiring a mastopexy to improve the appearance.  Sometimes this can be combined with implants.  I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to help you decide the best plan.

John McFate, MD