I'm having a BBL abroad and taking an 11hr flight back 2 wks after surgery. What effect will this have on my overall outcome?

I get my surgery done the day after I land. I fly back 2 weeks later and the flight is 11hrs :( I'm just a bit concern on the effect this will have on my overall outcome. Would it be advisable to stand most of the flight?

BBL and sitting

It is a very good point. The ideal would be to delay your flight or have a first class booking with a bed allowing you to lie down on on a side.

I always provide my patients with special pillows that are custom made for each individual case.

Having said that there is no scientific evidence of what is the "earliest" and safe time to sit long hours after BBL.

11 hours after only two weeks seems an hazard to me and I would strongly suggest to extend your stay, postpone your surgery or simply have your BBL in your own country.

With best regards,

London Plastic Surgeon

I recommend my patients not to put pressure on the buttocks for the first two weeks after surgery.  Then, patients can sit by using a special BBL pillow for short intervals (like taking off and landing).  Best of luck.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon