Bbl fat survival?

When having a bbl, when is it safe to say that the fat in the buttocks has survived & you can then sit how long you want without worrying about the transferred fat being reobsorbed ?

Fat Survival Rate Following a Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you very much for your question. The delicate fat that is transferred to the buttocks will need time to reintegrate into its new home. For the first four to six weeks, it is recommended that patients sit on their bottom for no more than 15 minutes without standing up for a minute or two and walking around the room. While today’s Brazilian Butt Lift procedures have a high fat survival rate, about 25-30% of the fatty tissue can be expected to be reabsorbed by the body. My recommendation is that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, who can further explain the BBL recovery and your expected results.

Bbl fat survival?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I always recommend my patients to sit on a boopy pillow for 6 to 8 weeks from the procedure to protect the grafted fat.. It is safe that way, so you dont lose your shape and given volume!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

Fat survival after fat grafting depends on a few things such as technique used, anatomy, genetics, post operative care etc. Best case scenario, usually about 60% of the transferred fat will survive. Within the first 6 months, about 30% of the fat cells will not survive and will be reabsorbed and passed through your body. Whatever fat is remaining after 6 months, is what will remain as long as your weight remains stable. I recommend that my patients do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must sit on your buttocks for longer period of time before 3 weeks, I definitely do recommend purchasing a  BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op.  Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question. Typically the first 2 weeks are when you are recovering the most so you need to be mindful about how long you are sitting for and how you sleep, etc. Most patients are able to return to work one week after the procedure. It is best to resume strenuous activities such as exercise four to six weeks following surgery. About 70% of the injected fat will remain in the area and about 30% will be reabsorbed by the body. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall 

German Newall, MD

Sitting after a BBL

Hello jellylook,

Although there is no standardized post-operative protocol, many board-certified plastic surgeons would recommend that patients avoid sitting for prolonged periods of time for the first 2-4 weeks. I would recommend  my patients to sit after 2 weeks, and increase the duration of sitting gradually from 10 minutes every hour. But you should discuss it with your operating surgeon for specific sitting and recovery recommendations.

Fat survival rates are variable, but  the amount of fat transferred that remains after the first 3-6 months should be stable and permanent.

Kind regards,

Guray

Guray Yesiladali, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon