Asymmetry 1yr PO. Implant visible through skin worse after started body building. (photos)

I have gummy bear implants over the muscle. I've started body building bikini division. My implants are starting to look worse the more I go to gym. The left sits higher and feels firmer. My right is more droopy and feels really soft. It's also much my jiggly. Progressively both implants are becoming more visible through the skin. Would revision surgery to place the implants sub fascial be the solution? Other than the visible lines I'm really happy with my left firmer breast

That is normal

If you loose weight and lower your body fat then your implants are more likely to show with the ripples.  However, the indent you have near the cleavage could be from torn muscle at the insertion site on the sternum.  Please have your plastic surgeon evaluate your condition.

Asymmetry at 1 Year Post-Op

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION, LIFTS

1.    pain is variable

2.    it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax

3.    celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help

4.    massage and stretching may help

5.    everyone heals differently

6.    4-7 days off from work is common

HEALING OF SENSORY NERVES: Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.

ASYMMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

FOLLOW-UP EXAMS: These are generally done in 1 week, 2 to 3 weeks, 3 to 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months to 1 year, and 1-2 year intervals. In our office we include all of your follow up appointments in the initial surgical fee.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Move under muscle

From your story and photos it apprears you have some degree of capsular contracture. That diagnosis is best made in person. With thinning of overlying tissues and increasing visibility of implant your best option is to move the implant under the muscle.  You will trade some animation deformity for a decrease in implant visibility. Discuss these options with your surgeon. Best of luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Implants becoming more visible

Many thanks for your question.

The challenge you are having is that with your body building, you are gradually losing body fat, which includes the soft tissue cover over your implants. This will continue to happen, the more training you do, resulting in more visible implants.

Changing the plane of the implant to sub-fascial does not add any significant soft tissue thickness in my opinion (fascia is about 1mm thick) so the other option would be to place the implants under the muscle. However, you will also need to consider how this might affect your body building exercises - especially chest and arm exercises.

The best thing would be to consult with a fully accredited experienced plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and give you direct advice. Good luck