Alternative to Botox for eye wrinkles?

Botox works well for me on my forehead but has never worked round my eyes. I have very few lines at rest but pronounced wrinkles when I smile. I can't have filler having had an adverse reaction. Are their other toxins that would work? I had heard that the other type of botox (B) might become FDA approved for wrinkles? I've also had Dysport and this didn't work either.

Treatments for eye wrinkles

Thank you for your question AngieBei. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as the crow's feet seen around the eyes when one smiles. Dysport and Xeomin are other neuromodulators that can be used if Botox does not work. For my patients I always recommend using a good eye cream. Fractional CO2 lasers can also improve wrinkles around the eyes. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Alternative to Botox for eye wrinkles?

Xeomin® is an FDA-approved neurotoxin which works as well as Botox Cosmetic®, and even better in some individuals! Another option is to smooth eye wrinkles with the light resurfacing erbium Fraxel® laser. As only the most forward-thinking, board certified aesthetic dermatologist perform these procedures, please consult one for a consultation. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Botox around eyes

If you are asking about Myobloc which is Botulinum B it is not effective for cosmetic use. There is no reason that the products work on your forehead and not the eye area so you probably are simnply not getting a hight enough dose in the crow's feet. also, you cannot have an adverse reaction to all fillers and there are some that work very well in this area . just be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist