How soon after tummy tuck can you get more liposuction?

2 months post op not happy

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after tummy tuck surgery. Generally, it is best to individual each patient's care. If liposuction has already been done in the area of concern, then best to wait at least six months to one year before considering additional surgery; this waiting time will allow you to see the final outcome of the procedure performed, before making a decision whether additional liposuction surgery is necessary. If you wish to have liposuction surgery in an area where it was not done before,  it can certainly be performed earlier, depending on your plastic surgeon's preferences/ judgment.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Also, best to wait 6 months between procedures for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Liposuction post tummy tuck

Speak with your surgeon as he or she knows your case best. Although probably safe to do liposuction now, it might make sense to wait until you are 6 months post op and have your final results from your tummy tuck. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Time between

As long as you are medically safe to proceed, the liposuction revision can be done at any time moving forward. I would trust the discretion of your treating surgeon, though.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposcupture when medically stable

providing you are back to your self, normal vital signs, no signs of anemia and normal hemoglobin you could probably proceed with further liposuction. Your surgeon should check your skin For rebound to normal tone and the areas in question to determine if a reasonable expected result can be achieved. Sometimes blood vessels in an area preclude the ability of any surgeon to achieve optimal results. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Next Surgery

Thank you for the question and I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with the results.  After a tummy tuck you generally have swelling for awhile.  Yes, at 6 weeks after surgery you get an idea of the final result but it is not till 6 month to 1 year when the swelling is gone. If you are wanting liposuction to your abdomen i would advise you to wait till after 6 month from the tummy tuck.   

You should probably wait at least 3 months before considering liposuction after tummy tuck.