After earlobe reduction (not full otoplasty), are full contact sports okay?

Hi, I'm thinking to have earlobe reduction surgery. I wonder if full contact sports such as Jui Jitsu and wrestling are okay after this? I usually wear an Ear guard but u can take a hit here and there..

After earlobe reduction (not full otoplasty), are full contact sports okay

In general, I recommend waiting at least 4 weeks before contact sports even with ear guards.  The last thing you want to do is burst it apart.

Contact Sports After Earlobe Procedures

Thank you for your question. I typically recommend that my patients avoid contact sports for at least 2 weeks or until the repair is well-healed. Also, I prefer that the patient schedule an appointment to have their stitches removed and for me to evaluate the site before clearing them for contact or water sports. Ear guards or padding may be considered depending on the location of your incisions and the duration of time after your procedure.