Can African American women get laser vagina rejuvenation?

Non-surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation

Hi and thank you for your question! 

We are primarily performing the Geneveve vaginal rejuvenation procedure now. This is a radiofrequency based device and is safe for all skin types. Our patients have reported significant improvements in urinary incontinence, vaginal tightening, increased lubrication and sensation. We do a pre-screening to see if you're a candidate and if we think it will address your needs. Geneveve is unique because it only require one, 30 minute, comfortable treatment. We recommend one treatment per year to maintain. Feel free to call our office or come in for a complementary consultation. 

Dr. Grant Stevens

Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation for African American Women

This is a fairly common question. FemTouch™ Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation treatments can be safely and effectively performed on patients of all skin colors and ethnicities. Regardless of skin type, the results will be the same and there is no added risk for women of color or women with darker complexions.

Kristine Gould, MD
Lawrenceville OB/GYN

What is and what isn't laser vaginal rejuvenation?

Laser treatments inside the vagina are not affected by skin tone because the inner vaginal skin has no melanin. Neither surgical nor nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation with lasers should pose any problem.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN

Vaginal rejuvenation

Yes, laser vaginal rejuvenation can be performed on patients of any and all ethnicities. However, I am a strong believer that surgical vaginal rejuvenation is a better procedure than laser. While there is a lot of advertising around laser treatments and in many cases the lasers to provide good results, there is more precision and long-term results with vaginal rejuvenation surgery. I urge all patients to learn about both surgical and laser options for their vaginal rejuvenation before making a decision to make sure they are getting the most out of their treatment. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Dear  lambchop92

thank you for asking this question.

Fractional Laser Co2 is safe for any skin color and will not cause any damage.

if it is used out side on vulva can cause some discoloration of skin.

Good luck.

Eskandar Simhaee, MD
Great Neck OB/GYN

Can African American women have Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?

Dear Lambchop,

Thank you for your question.  Yes, laser vaginal rejuvenation can be performed on women of color.  Since the laser is used in the vagina for cutting purposes, it does not affect the skin.  Also, this is not the type of laser used for veins or skin spot removal.  Those are the ones to be more careful with on pigmented skin.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Troy R. Hailparn, MD, FACOG

Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation and skin tone.

Yes, vaginal rejuvenation using a laser such as MonaLisa Touch or ThermiVa which is radio frequency can be used on all skin tones and the biological lining of the vagina is identical in all races. I have treated all different races and skin tones in woman aged 28 to 88 with incredible results. I am really pleased with the cutting edge non-surgical therapies now available to women. Safe enough even for Breast Cancer Survivors.

High density Melanin and Vaginal rejuvenation

Yes people of color can get laser vaginal rejuvenation, Radiofrequency, Erbium Beam laser, CO 2 laser on their vagina at no added or increase risk

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

John R. Miklos, MD, FPMRS, FACS
Atlanta Urogynecologist

Laser vaginal rejuvenation

Yes. The amount of melanin in a cell determines the color of our skin. Mucosal tissues are the moist tissues like in the mouth and vagina. Because there is no melanin in mucosal cells, all mucosal tissue is basically the same color. Different laser wavelenghs and types of lasers will target certain colors and depths in tissue. 

Joi Davis, DO
Pewaukee OB/GYN