Advice regarding loose skin on neck? (Photos)

I had a large chin implant put in around eleven years ago. I am now 52 years old and the chin implant doesn't really suit my face anymore but also I have developed loose skin which I feel really self conscious about. Any advise would be appreciated Thank you

Advice regarding loose skin on neck?

When looking into a procedure like this, you need to see what is causing what you don't like in the mirror. The things that can be address surgically are the skin, the fat and the muscle. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Facial Aesthetics for a consultation and more details. From these pictures it is hard to say what your best options are. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself  #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Neckilft

Thank you for your question. You would be a perfect candidate for a Laser-Assisted Weekend Necklift because you are showing early signs of sagging in the neck. Search for surgeons whose procedures make small incisions underneath the chin so that your scarring is not apparent. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Balance

Thank you for your question and photos. Facial aging has many facets including loss of elasticity and volume. The changes in your neck are common and two fold. One being skin laxity the other being prominence of the borders of the platysma muscle known as platysmal bands. These can be addressed by either a neck lift or lower facelift with a platysmaplasty procedure. The question you raised regarding the chin implant and whether or not it now fits your face years later is likely related to the change in volume of your midface seen commonly with aging. As your midface deflates our cheeks get smaller and our tissues sag and move medially (inward). As a result of this the central face appears heavier which may compound the chin looking disproportionate. Without pictures of your lower face its not possible to know but its likely that either a lower facelift or neck lift would with downsizing your chin implant might give you a more balanced and youthful appearance. Also, fat transfer may be helpful but I would need further photos to make that assessment
Best of Luck
DrG   

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Thank you for providing your photos and question. Sometimes, as we age, we will notice that a chin implant does not suit our face the way it did in the past. It may be an option for you to explore a different implant to keep facial harmony.
With that being said, based on your photos, it appears that you're showing signs of aging that can be remedied best with a lower face/neck lift. Your platysma muscle bands have separated. Therefore, tightening up those bands from underneath the skin and then getting rid of excess skin will give you the most effective and long lasting result.
It is hard to say by your photos that the chin implant appearance will improve because I cannot see your whole face and neck. However, it is possible that improving your neck and jawline, you may choose to keep your existing implant.
Always see a certified plastic surgeon.
Good luck and best wishes.

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant removal and lower face neck lift

The photographs demonstrate loose, and inelastic skin in the neck along with platysmal banding. Both of these issues are addressed with a lower face and neck lift.  The chin implant can be removed, or downsized, depending upon the patient's desires. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Neck Lift and Platysmaplasty for Loose Skin on Neck

Good Afternoon Debby33.  Thank you so much for your question.  

Unfortunately for most, loose sagging skin under the neck comes as skin simply loses it's elasticity with age.  Neck Lift Surgery is the most effective way to permanently remove loose crepey skin around the neck and counter the signs of ageing, therefore suggesting why your chin implant no longer suits your face.  Many people, like yourself, feel very self-conscious about the loose skin which develops suggesting why neck rejuvenation is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures.  

Like many Debby33 your skin has lost elasticity so removal of excess skin and tightening of the platysma muscle (also know as platysmaplasty) are foundations and building blocks of the neck and again are fundamental to achieving a tight and toned result.  

Many of my patients will have their Neck Lift under local anaesthetic therefore achieving amazing results with little bruising or swelling.  Thank you for sharing your pictures Debby33, I hope you get the most amazing results.

Best of Luck