Need some advice on how to change my lip shape & make them fuller? (Photos)

3 weeks ago I had 2ml of filler in my lips.My top lip before was very thin, and the filler has improved it slightly but I feel that the uneven & lumpy shape of my lips hasn't really been addressed or improved. I also dislike the dent in the centre of my bottom lip & would like a full, round bottom lip instead. If someone could offer their opinion on the shape of my lips &how to improve them this would be great and much appreciated. Natural looking result is very important to me.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question in regards to lip augmentation. Additional injections of hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler may be necessary. Once the filler has dissolved, you can begin adding small amounts of filler to achieve your desried goal. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Filler

You should start out with 1cc of juvederm filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip augmentation

Hi, thanks for your question. Often, you need to have several injection sessions to get the look you desire. It looks like at your next session, you'll likely need filler in the central portion of your lower lip and more on the sides (lateral areas) of your upper lip. Make sure you see someone that is experienced in lip injections to help you achieve your desired look. Best of luck.

Lip Filler and Shape of Lips

With the correct filler and amount of fillers you should be able to achieve results that you want.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. In my professional experience, it is possible to consistently gain better symmetry and overall shape of lips with injection of hyaluronic acid lip fillers as it allows you to completely reverse the results if you do not like them.  While these are temporary (lasting about 6 months) they are quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist