How can I achieve a flatter stomach? (Photo)

Hi there. I am a 28 year old female with no children. I excercose occasionally but have always had an issue with my stomach. I dont fancy the idea of liposuction but more importantly and procedures that will leave me with large scaring as i am scared if i develop a keloid scar. Can you advise me what options are available to me please. I am also interested in UK surgeons or European as i am unable to travel to the states.

Achieve a flatter stomach

You are a good candidate for liposuction and abdominoplasty. These procedures might leave a scar but there are scar management options that you can look into to reduce the visibility of the scar after healing.

London Plastic Surgeon

How can I achieve a flatter stomach?

Greetings

If you have a big belly that makes you unhappy and you are not happy about the look of it, if you have experienced skin sagging on your abdominal area after a weight loss, if you are unhappy with the sagged look of your abdominal area after the pregnancy, if you had a liposuction operation and now your belly is sagged; then you can get benefit from a Tummy Tuck operation.

Preparation :

Tummy Tuck operation is performed under general anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 3 hours when it is performed by a team of plastic surgeons. It is really important to decrease the operation duration to give less anesthesia to the patient yielding a better postoperative period to the patient. You will be advised not to eat 6 hours before the surgery and that is all! You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery. You will receive a sedation in order to reduce the preoperative anxiety and fell yourself more comfortable.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and alternatives

From your photo you appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction if that is what you would like.  If you are not interested in surgery I would recommend CoolSculpting for which you are also an excellent candidate.  While liposuction is likely to give you a significant result immediately from surgery, CoolSculpting has the advantage of being non-surgical with no down time, but your results will take time to see and you may need more than one treatment to get liposuction like results.  Either option is a great one, your particular goals and lifestyle can guide you to a more or less invasive option.  I recommend seeing a Board Certified plastic surgeon who is comfortable with liposuction but also offers CoolSculpting and ask their advice. 

Dr. L

Liposuction - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos provided, it appears you are a candidate for liposuction.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and to discuss the specific details of the procedure. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps.

Flatten my stomach

Thank you for asking about your stomach.

• Apart from weight loss and office treatments like cool sculpting, the best treatment is usually liposuction.
  • It is very unlikely to get a keloid scar from liposuction, because the incisions are small.
  • However it is partly your natural anatomy - you have a very marked lower spinal curve, which shifts your stomach forward and your hips back. 
  • This is in fact the effect of stilletto heels - so it is not a bad look.
  • But it does mean that before having anything done, make sure that the problem is in fact excess fat under the skin of the stomach and not the effect of the curve of your spine.
  • To be sure, a consultation with plastic or an orthopedic surgeon should be able to tell you, if you aren't able to decide for yourself.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy shape

The shape of your skeleton means that you will always have a slightly more prominent abdomen than others.

Muscle tightening could be considered if you have any significant laxity, but any treatment should be left until you have completed any family.

Advice can be obtained from any of he members of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, (BAAPS).

Douglas McGeorge, MBChB
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

Improve abdomen appearance

You seem to be a good candidate for a consistent diet  

and exercise program. If you are still not satisfy after 

seeing your  results with the conservative   program, 

you may be reevaluated by a board certified plastic

surgeon for further recommendations. Best wishes.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon