Is this abnormal healing post-otoplasty? (Photos)

I am 7 and a half days into recovery. on my 6th day post-surgery, my bandages were removed. Three days into my recovery I began to bleed from my right ear. A nurse seemed to think a possible Hematoma was forming. It turned out to be an 'outer' clot which was simply 'popped'. After showering I saw that the stitching techniques used by my surgeon seem to be different on each ear. Is the stitching on my right ear also ok? Is the bump on my right ear something I should get checked out immediately?

Is this abnormal healing post-otoplasty?

I don't see anything to be concerned about. Mild asymmetry is common during the healing process. If you have concerns please return to your surgeon and have your wound evaluated. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon