A procedure to shave down a protruding forehead and make it flatter?

I really wanted to get this preseazure for over 5 years but I'm not sure if it is safe or possible. I have a similar forehead to Rihanna where it comes out past my face and Is kinda bumpy and bony. It is extremely noticeable and makes my face imbalanced. There are a few reasons why I think it has become like this: 1. I am East African and many have quite larger foreheads 2. I had an accident as an infant which was not treated properly and caused a bony lump. What can I do to make it flatter?!?!

Doctor Answers 2

Wants forehead shaved down

You need to see a plastic surgeon who does this type of work. This is not a common surgery so you need a highly skilled surgeon with experience in it

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 27 reviews


It iis difficult to give a good answer without the photographs. Resubmit this question with photographs taken from various angles that show the features of your forehead and hairline that bother you.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 35 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.