Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty? (photo)

I think I have a decent side profile, nice jawline, chin etc it's just my nose, I think it protudes longer than is necessary. Would I be a good candidate?

Yes, it protrudes. Yes, you're a good candidate. See the morph I made.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_hazbez18.html

I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I brought the projection back (like in the woman in the short video just above), and I lowered that little bump on the bridge of the nose, and especially: I elevated the tip. When you de-project a nose, it usually makes the nose *look* longer, so it's very important to elevate the tip.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Candidate for rhinoplasty

It is difficult to assess your candidacy for rhinoplasty from this single photo, but it appears that indeed, your nose is likely large and overprojected.  These issues can be addressed with rhinoplasty to give you a softer, more feminine profile.

Candidate for rhinoplasty

Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty?

All views of the nose are necessary in order to answer your question most accurately and of course in person exam is essential. From your profile photo- it appears that you would benefit from a Rhinoplasty. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty?

Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).  If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty?

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California