400cc HP silicone implants, left boob has got smaller. Any suggestions? (photos)

Had my BA 3yrs 9month ago. Went from 34AA To now 34DD with 400cc under muscle implants. Everything fine until last week tingling in boob. I looked in the mirror and shocked to see my left boob is now smaller! Any advice appreciated.

Likely rupture of silicon implant

If your breast has change shape quite quickly i is almost certainly and early rupture with some escape of gel outside the implant into the pocket - not dangerous but will need to change it - see your surgeon who will arrange a scan /ultrasounf to confirm or MRI then arrange a replacement

Breast implants - one is getting smaller

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• When an implant gets smaller, the usual cause is leaking saline implant.
  • For a gel implant, it is harder to explain.
  • First, see if you can find your implant card to check the type of implant that was placed.
  • Even if you can't find it, contact your surgeon and arrange to be seen.
  • If your surgeon has retired, you need to find another plastic surgeon to see you.
  • Whatever the implant type, the problem needs to be diagnosed and the implant almost certainly replaced.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

See your surgeon

I think that any change in your breast warrants and examination by your surgeon.  Ruling out capsular contracture is critical early.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Changes in breasts

It is best to contact your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  Be prepared that you may need to undergo a test to see what's happening beneath the skin surface, such as an ultrasound.  Keep track of the time frame of the changes you noticed.

Camille Cash, MD

Implant Rupture?

Hello and thank you for your question.

A sudden change of one side of your breast may indicate an implant rupture and should be evaluated. An early capsular contracture may also be the reason. You should see your surgeon and discuss the possibilities. Whatever the reason is, an implant replacement is necessary to correct the asymmetry. 

Best regards,

Guray Yesiladali, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon