4 vials of Botox for cheeks and chin?

I had botox on my cheeks and my chin i was told it took 4 vials that is one vial per area which cost me £1050 seems a bit much plus the fact my chin has horrible lumps on each side

4 vials of Botox for cheeks and chin?

Hello CathMcDaniel,Using 400 units (4 vials) of Botox for any cosmetic treatment is much higher than would be considered normal.  At that dose you would be expected to have no control of your lower lip or ability to smile.  I would follow up with your injector to see exactly what was done.  Now if you really did have 400 units for only 1,050 that would not even come close to covering the cost of the product to your injector, which also makes me think something is not right.  I would recommend you only use physician injectors from one of the core aesthetic fields (facial plastic surgery, plastic surgery, dermatology) to help get the best results.
I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and amount

400 units of Botox is a lot of Botox and usually the chin and cheeks to do the Masseters may take as much as 200 but that is a stretch.  Be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon or the equivalent in UK with experience

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Please clarify

Hello, am I correct in assuming you had 4 phials of filler injected rather than Botox? Please could you give us more information so I can provide an appropriate answer.

Vials and Botox

Please post a photo to assess the area.  I have never heard of injecting so much Botox in one person.  Are you sure it was Botox and not a filler such as Juvederm? Please keep us posted.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox for the chin and neck

Thank you for your question CathMcDaniel. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. It can be used on the chin to improve dimpling and on neck bands to smoothen out the bands. The most important thing to remember about your treatment is the number of units used in each area. Botox comes in 50 unit vials and 100 unit vials. Dosing for the chin usually ranges from four to eight units. In the neck I usually use eight to twelve units per band and there can be up to four bands. Swelling can occur after any injectable treatment and could take up to two weeks to resolve. Application of cold compresses such as ice packs helps reduce swelling and inflammation. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician