I'm 39 5'4, 135 lbs, very athletic, I'm getting a breast aug with 200cc moderate profile. Will it give me more volume? (Photo)

I want to be a Full C cup,I'm currently a b cup, my question is, I'm considering adding an extra 75cc to my implant, from 200cc to 275cc currently my ps said I'd be definitely a c to a c and a half. would 75cc give more volume overall? I don't want my boobs up high hence why My ps has gone for moderate profile, it's the volume I'm after in the upper pole. I know I'll still have that little sag at the bottom, my ps told me that could only be removed by having a Brest lift which I don't want.

Yes, your breasts will gain volume after augmentation.

Though I don't recommend using cup size (which is inconsistent) as a goal for your breast augmentation, you will certainly gain volume if you get breast implants. Regardless of implant size, your breasts shouldn't look like they're "up high" after augmentation. Implants only add cup size; they won't change the placement of your breasts. It’s best to seek your plastic surgeon’s opinion on the size since he has evaluated your natural anatomy and knows if the base of your breast can accommodate the additional volume.

Boobs up high

I don't see this as a problem of size (you can most likely have 275cc very easily). What I see is an issue with expectations. You are not going to have your 'boobs up high' without an uplift. Did you discuss this with your surgeon?

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Implant size and bra size

The size implants that will give you the desired look is a part of the breast augmentation consultation process. There are several ways to size yourself: 3-D imaging and actually trying on sample implants are the two that I use in my office. It is difficult to give you size advice by just looking at your photos. I would discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Best Breast Implants for Me

• Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.
  • Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.
  • Keep in mind, that boyfriends and husbands often will encourage the "go big or go home" mentality but you should consider your own personal goals; avoid going too small but also avoid going too big ( where you may feel uncomfortable both from the physical and psychosocial standpoints).
  • Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
  • 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
  • 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
  • In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "full C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
  • Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
  • 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
  • I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery) concerns helps.

Cup size differs from person to person

Hello and thank you for your question. During consultations, my patients almost always tell me what cup size they want to be. Although it is helpful because it gives me a basic idea on how big they want their breasts to be, it doesn't really help pick out an implant size.

I could place the same implant in similar body types and it could change their cup sizes differently. The most important thing, in my opinion, is to try on implants with a bra. See which size implant gets you to the size breasts you want and don't focus so much on bra size. I also tell my patients that when they try on implants and think a size is "perfect" they should probably go just a little bit bigger than that size because some of the volume gets lost once the implants are in.

Without examining you in person it is difficult to give accurate recommendations however from the pics you posted it does seem like you would benefit from a lift and an augmentation at the same time. However, if you are ok with your nipple position then in your case a breast augmentation alone could be done. It seems as though you have lost a significant amount of volume and my only concern is that a 275cc implant maybe too small. That being said, I do practice in Texas and women here tend to like larger implants. One of the most common complaints after breast augmentation is "I wish I went bigger."

I wish you all the best and hopefully you are being evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

I'm 39 5'4, 135 lbs, very athletic, I'm getting a breast aug with 200cc moderate profile. Will it give me more volume?

If your breast base width is wide enough for 275 then that would certauinly improve your volume. Since you are not haveing a lift ask your surgeon if high profile implants are a better choice for the sagging breast.

Implant size for C cup

Thank you for your question.  To get a good idea of the look that you want, I would suggest trying on different implant sizers and looking in the mirror.  Try not to focus so much on a number or cup size but more on the look that you want.  Be sure to consult with an experienced certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS