I am 36 years old and I'd like to know the options available for my sagging neck and facial volume loss (Photo)

Are there any non surgical procedures that could help with my neck or is a neck lift the only option? I have had juvaderm voluma in my cheeks but i would like to know what longer lasting alternatives are available and the risks associated with them.

Sagging Neck and Facial Volume Loss for 36 Year Old

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Depending on the level of laxity, the effects of a neck lift will certainly outlast the effects of non-surgical treatments. Non-surgical procedures can only temporary resolve the issue and require few to several attempts. It's best to begin by consulting with a surgeon in-person. The presence of banding down the front of the #neck, and, amount of excess skin and condition of your skin are among some factors which determine what treatments will best rejuvenate your neck.

During your initial examination, your chin will be evaluated along with the neck and jawline. A weak #chin implies a lack of chin support for the skin along the neck line. In younger individuals a chin implant alone is usually all that is needed to improve the appearance of the neck. Subsequently, it will also improve the overall #balance of the face and can create the illusion of a smaller nose. As a stand-alone procedure, chin augmentation can be performed in the office under local #anesthesia. For individuals with signs of #aging in the neck, a chin implant added to one of the recommended procedures above, will provide optimal results.

If you are not a candidate at the time of your #consultation, your board certified plastic surgeon can recommend non-surgical alternatives to address your concern. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in #neck lift procedures is important to ensure you are receiving the best advice, care, and surgical experience possible

Neck tighening in a younger patient.

Thank you for posting, it is important to share that this type of laxity in the neck/submental area can start in your 30s, and many women wait until much later to treat this --- making it more difficult to improve later in life. If you start Ulthera at this point and maintain every 2 years you will prevent this from worsening with time. The Ulthera works with ultrasound energy, and has the ability to stimulate new collagen and tightening. When tailored to the patient's needs this procedure can offer some dramatic results and is my favorite. It takes 3 months to see results but you will continue to improve up to 6 months, results can last 2+ years.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Non-surgical skin tightening

I like to use a minimally invasive treatment to tighten neck skin called Precision.  It places a laser fiber under the skin to heat the skin to a point that it will stimulate new collagen deposition that will improve the quality and tightness of the skin.  It is a procedure that takes about 30 minutes to perform and has downtime of only a few days.  In regards to more long term volume in the face, I would recommend fat grafting to provide a more long lasting and to some degree permanent volume correction.

Kenton Schoonover, MD
Wichita Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options for sagging skin of neck and volume loss in the face

In terms of your neck, the non-surgical option I would recommend for improving sagging skin would be Ultherapy.  In regards to facial volume loss, there are a variety of fillers other than Voluma that could be used.  The main longer lasting alternatives in the U.S. would be Sculptra, Bellafill or fat.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon