Will 2mls of Juvederm ultra 4 give me a fake duck look?

Will 2 syringes/mls of Juvederm ultra 4 give me nice upturned lips that are very thick as that is what I want

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement.  You can start with 1 syringe and always add more if further augmentation is desired.  Typically a full syringe per lip provides quite a bit of lip augmentation and obviously the amount of fullness varies from patient patient.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Juvederm lips

Juvederm produc does not give you duck lips...it is the injector that does that!   Injecting, knowing where to inject, how to inject and amount to inject and experience makes the difference.  Beautiful lips are created by a doctor that appreciates and understands what beautiful lips should look like.  So I would suggest looking for a doctor who is artist in beauty to assess and perform the lip procedure.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Results of lip injections - Duck?

The ultimate result of your injections is completely dependent upon your injector. It has very little to do with the product used. Please research an experienced injector. Duck lips are the result of improper injections and not recognizing the anatomy of the patient.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm and number of syringes for Lips

I would start out with one syringe of Juvederm.  You can always add more product if you like the look and avoid the "duck" look.  Please see an expert as it is an art as much as it is a science.  Best, Dr. Green