I'm 28, 5ft 10, weigh 74kgs; I have bulging veins from my knee up my thigh, should I see a doctor? (Photo)

Should i see a doctor for my veins, they are green and stick out. Is it varicose veins?

Doctor Answers 3

Vein of Giacomini

This is the thigh extension of the small saphenous vein, also known as the Vein of Giacomini. It should be treated with endovenous ablation and/or microphlebectomy.

See a certified vein specialist.


Hratch L Karamanoukian MD FACS

Certified Vein Specialist (ABVLM)

See your vascular surgeon!

Bulging, ropy veins can be blue or green.  You should be seen by a vascular surgeon for a complete diagnosis for varicose veins.

Donna M. Mendes, MD, FACS
New York Vascular Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

Varicose veins

Your posted picture shows varicose veins and these are due to refluxing (malfunctioning) valves of the saphenous system of veins.  These are easily treated by an in office procedure.  See a vein specialist.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.