I'm 27 and decided to try growing my hair out, I've been losing my hair since the age of 21. Any suggestions? (photo)

I started using minoxidil foam twice a day 2 months ago, I wash my hair twice a week with Nizoral and I also started taking Propecia today. I've noticed that there are new hairs growing across my hairline. What norwood scale would you say I am?, Do you think the treatments I'm using will help build up my hair density & At what point do you think I could consider a FUE/FUT, Is there any hair loss concealer that you think would benefit my kind of hair?

I'm 27 and decided to try growing my hair out, I've been losing my hair since the age of 21.

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated.

Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon. Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

Hair loss and treatment

Based on the photos that you have provided, I would consider you to be at a NW 6 stage of hair loss. Of greatest concern to me as an FUE surgeon would be the present condition of your donor area considering that your hair loss will continue over the remainder of your lifetime. In order to maximize the potential for a successful surgical result, I suggest that you take Finasteride continuously over the next 6 months barring of course any side effects that you might experience. After that time, you should see a hair restoration surgeon for an accurate evaluation of your condition and a surgical plan that will incorporate your potential coverage using accurate calculations.

Koray Erdogan, MD
Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss at young age what are the treatment option?

you have classic hair loss due to genetic male pattern hair loss. The treament option can include hair transplant, however it is best for you to see a hair loss specialist to evaluate the caliber and density of your donor hair and get a realistic expectation for the result.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

I wrote to you just a few minutes ago o another post. I have included a 27 minute video here for you to view and see many patients who speak about their hair transplant experience

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon