26 years old, 1 breastfed child. Will 600cc implants be OK? Do I need a lift? Anatomical? (Photo)

Im looking to have a BA next year in Feb. After breast feeding ive been left craving a boob job seeing just how big my boobs can actually go and how great they looked, how much more confident i was!! I would like my boobs to be very very big but very natural (not high profile stuck on my chest). Will 600CC be ok? 800CC perhaps? Would I need a lift if that's not the look im trying to achieve? Should I consider anatomical implants??? Thanks very grateful for all advice :D

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  Pregnancy and breast feeding have left your breasts deflated and it does not appear that you need a lift.  Rather, you can fill in your breasts will implants alone.  Please be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what size would be best for you.  Your breasts can most likely accomodate 600 cc's to give you added volume and improve your lack of upper pole fullness.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

26 years old, 1 breastfed child. Will 600cc implants be OK? Do I need a lift? Anatomical?

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr Schwartz

Thank you for the question and photos. Based on these images, it appears that breast implants alone- without a lift- will not be able to provide an appealing result. as well, very heavy implants will inevitably cause further sagging and skin stretch. An in-person exam is necessary to properly assess you.

I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified plastic Surgeon to discuss your aesthetic goals and surgical options for you.

All the best

Breast augmentation with lift, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

In this regard, i recommend a breast lifting with implants to get a bigger breast with adecuate projection. In other words, you need breast volume (implants) and you need breast projection (the lift).
I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implants ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection and different volumes of each side (bigger in the left breast) to correct the breasts asymmetry you have. Also, I recommend perform a "Lollipop Breast lift" to obtain an adecuate breast projection.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Large implants and lift?

You have some deflation after pregnancy and at face value most surgeons would recommend a lift. With larger implants you may be very happy with the shape based on photos you showed. Be sure to discuss dual plane and subglandular options with your surgeon. Best of luck. 

Choice of implants

Have you tried the implants and sizers in your doctor's office to see which you like?  There is a big difference between 600 and 800 and the choice is very personal.   Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Large implants and breast uplift

Technically, you have II degree ptosis, which means you would need an uplift for the best results. On the other hand, the size of implants that you are considering would not go well with an uplift, and would make your breasts sag again quite quickly. If you want to go that big you wil have to make compromises, and accept that the shape will not be perfect. I don't think anatomical implants would give you any significant advantage, again given the sizes that you have in mind.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with lift

Hi, Riri89
Based on your photos, you would benefit from breast augmentation with lift.  Although you may just have breast augmentation in subglandular plane, you will experience breast ptosis fairly soon afterwards.
Please visit a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Based on your body and your desired look, your plastic surgeon will guide you to the right implant size/profile.  Please remember that as you go "very, very big," your chance for complication will increase.
Best regards.

This is the most common question I get in my office and the answer is simple. It depends on you. I divide the patients into 3 categories. 

1. Patient who only need implants. For these patients, the easiest way to determine what they want is based on a "wish pic." Try to find a picture of someone who has a similar body to you beforehand. Discussions about cup size or how natural or unnatural rarely help. I even had a patient tell me she wants completely natural breast in the C cup range just like Pamela Anderson.

2. Patients who can have a lift or just an implant. I have found 50% want the former and 50% want the latter. Their nipples may sit at or just above the inframammary fold. For the ones that want a lift, they usually specifically say they want their nipples to be higher and the whole breast to sit higher on their chests. For the one who only want an implant, they usually don't care about the nipple position and prefer to have large implants without the extra scars from a lift. These patients may be little saggy but their wish pictures are also someone who is a little saggy and they like the "natural" appearance of tear-dropped shaped breasts. 

3. Patients who need a lift. Their nipples may be below the inframammary fold or pointing down. Usually these patients also need an implant.

Implant size

Choosing the right size implant depends on any number of factors all of which require an in person exam. Based solely on your photos, you look as if you could achieve your desired results with an implant alone. Book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss your options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD