26 year old Londoner (UK) wanting good affordable Labiaplasty.

Hi girls I'm really wanting labiaplasty and am a little to embarrassed to post pictures on here. Could anyone reccomend a London/close to based surgeon that you might have used or have heard good things about? Having a larger labia has really bothered me for as long as i can remember and I'm finally taking the plunge and wanting to get this done early next year.

Candidate for a labiaplasty?

There is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.

Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question.  I can appreciate the interest in keeping your cost down for a labiaplasty.  However, I would caution you to select a surgeon strictly based on cost.  

There are several techniques, which should be discussed with you by the surgeon.   In my practice, I discuss this with my patients in order to educate them on their cosmetic issue, the surgical options and possible outcomes so that they can make an educated decision. I would recommend finding an experienced genital surgeon, which include Cosmetic Urologists, even if it involves traveling.  

Best of luck.

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Labiaplasty in London

A labiaplasty is a good idea must be performed by a surgeon with experience. I also have seen many English patients with botched labiaplasties. One of the two most common techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks.  It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed.  If you have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, it can be reduced it at the same time. No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery.

Gary J. Alter, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

26 year old Londoner wanting good labiaplasty.

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though I can not recommend a specific surgeon, I am attaching a link to the ASPS website that allows you to search for board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  This would be a good place to start your search into a labiaplasty specialist. Hope this helps. 

Find an EXPERT for your labiaplasty...

I agree with Dr. Pelosi. We both have attempted to "fix" botched labiaplasties performed by NHS and general gynecologists. Don't be "...Penny-wise and Pound Foolish..." Find an EXPERT locally or fly across the Pond. Dr. Pelosi's office can help with the arrangements. Of course, you can see me, but Pelosi is grand & much closer...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Brexit yourself across the pond for an expert labiaplasty

What you can't afford is a poorly done labiaplasty via the NHS - the British Home of the Botched Labiaplasty. Here in the greater NYC area, I speak your language, I specialize in these procedures, and I manage out of towners regularly. Feel free to contact me privately for details. Labiaplasty travels well.