Taking 1/2 a propecia tablet daily. Will this halt the recession of my hairline?

Also , how long after starting on the propecia should I start to see less hairs falling out in the bath etc ? Thank you in advance .

Propecia takes 4-6 months to effect your hair. However, everyone looses approximately 70-100 hairs daily and this is normal. A better way to determine Propecia efficacy is to compare before and after photos taken in the same light, with the same camera and at the same angle without changing hair products that you may use. This way you can see if there is continued thinning.

New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

The recomended dose is 1 mg per day. If you are afraid for the side effects and that's why you want to take half is better to swith to the topical medication which prove efficacy. Also there is a topical medication that contains human growth factors the name is Re luma spray.  You may add PRP plus turboroller therapy as another option.

Sara Salas, MD
Mexico Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit (FUE) hair transplantation/ARTAS

Propecia helps thicken hair and reduce loss.  Please see an expert to see if you are a candidate and often my patients will also do PRP/progesterone and viviscal at same time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I would take the full tablet daily to both slow down hair loss and increase the caliber of the hair shafts.Since the conversion of testosterone to DHT is blocked by Propecia, you may also want to check testosterone levels as well. Propecia works over time and best results are seen after a year of use. Cheers.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon