I had Botox injected to the verticle lines between my eyes. It seems to have migrated to my forehead. What can I do?

Can I get a free replacement dose because I didn't get what I paid for?

Botox and Migration

It will take 2-3 months for that to resolve, I suggest you see an expert if you are concerned.  Luckily if you are unhappy the results will dissapear in a short time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox onset versus migration

Dear suegs:

It takes Botox 5 to 10 days to see its optimal result. At just 1 day following injection, you would not expect to see its activity yet. 

I recommend you return to your injector for evaluation of the  results at 2 weeks following the injection. At that time he or she will evaluate for optimal results and at that time you may discuss with him or her any additional treatment(s) desired or recommended.

Good luck!  

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Botox

Thanks for your query.  Sorry you are not satisfied with the results. 

Botox naturally diffuses outward from the injection site a short distance (up to a centimeter).  This can effect other muscles in the vicinity.  This can cause a difference in your normal expressions just outside the injected area.  Rarely do patients complain of this added effect, but asymmetry is more often the complaints.  Refunds are very rare, but addition of more Botox to even the areas out is common.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Botox and Migration

I would return to your treating physician to review your treatment results and expectations.  Please post photos as well.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox diffuses after injection

It is not uncommon for the mid forehead to also improve after injection in the glabellar area. Botox will diffuse at least 1 cm from injection. I would discuss with your doc if you are not happy with the results but most people are happy with the additional benefit.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox - can re-treatment be free if I didn't get the look I want?

Thank you for asking about your Botox.
  • I am sorry you didn't get the result you wanted.
  • it isn't clear what happened but probably the Botox between your brows allowed the muscles above to become more active - these are two different sets of muscle.s 
  • I suggest you return to see the doctor who treated you.
  • In our area, refunds are not given unless there was an error, such as injecting expired Botox. 
  • Since every body is different, results cannot be guaranteed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox. It is recommended to follow up with your injector if you are unhappy with your results. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox Injections Migrating

Botox injections are often injected both into the 11 lines as well as the forehead lines because these two areas complement each other well. If you had a good result in the 11 lines and are unhappy with the forehead results, I’d recommend a follow up with the provider who did the injections. Botox lasts for approx. 3-6 months so if you really don’t like it - it’s not permanent.

Eric Schweiger, MD

Botox and corrugators

When injecting the corrugators to treat the "11"lines or those vertical lines you described, it is often very successful. Not sure why it affected other areas unless it was injected there too.

Botox injections

I would recommend following up with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon if you did not see one initially. If so, go back and followup with them and so they can evaluate your result. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon