I had Botox injected to the verticle lines between my eyes. It seems to have migrated to my forehead. What can I do?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 11
Botox and Migration
Botox onset versus migration
It takes Botox 5 to 10 days to see its optimal result. At just 1 day following injection, you would not expect to see its activity yet.
I recommend you return to your injector for evaluation of the results at 2 weeks following the injection. At that time he or she will evaluate for optimal results and at that time you may discuss with him or her any additional treatment(s) desired or recommended.
Botox naturally diffuses outward from the injection site a short distance (up to a centimeter). This can effect other muscles in the vicinity. This can cause a difference in your normal expressions just outside the injected area. Rarely do patients complain of this added effect, but asymmetry is more often the complaints. Refunds are very rare, but addition of more Botox to even the areas out is common.
Best of luck.
You might also like...
Botox and Migration
I would return to your treating physician to review your treatment results and expectations. Please post photos as well. Best, Dr. Green
Botox diffuses after injection
Botox - can re-treatment be free if I didn't get the look I want?
- I am sorry you didn't get the result you wanted.
- it isn't clear what happened but probably the Botox between your brows allowed the muscles above to become more active - these are two different sets of muscle.s
- I suggest you return to see the doctor who treated you.
- In our area, refunds are not given unless there was an error, such as injecting expired Botox.
- Since every body is different, results cannot be guaranteed.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS