What can I do for fuller lips?

my lips are small, but I want fuller lips. I have tried restylane. it lasted mAYBE A WEEK. I have tried fat grafting, once the swelling went away, my lips were back to normal. I was thinking about trying the silicon 1000. but are getting mixed reviews. any reccomendations to fuller permanent lips?

Lip Fillers for Fuller Lips

Since you were unhappy with Restylane I would suggest a fuller product such as Juvederm.  The amount of product injected also determines the longevity of the injections.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with these facial fillers.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

If you have smaller lips due to aging or genetics and desire fuller more defined lips you might be a candidate for lip augmentation. There are many ways to enhance your lips such as receiving injectables, fat injections, implants, and even the surgical elevation of your lips. Dr. Wendel understands your lips are one of the most notable parts of your face, which is why he can enhance your lips without an overdone or unnatural result.
To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Lip augmentation

Fillers should do the trick. Sometimes it takes more than one syringe. I do not like silicon because I have seen a lot of long term problems with it.

Small lips

Hello. It is important to remember that if you have always had small lips, then they can be enhanced but they also need to be kept in proportion to your overall facial features.I have had great success using Volift for longer lasting fullness of the lips. Volbella is the product recommended by Allergan for lip enhancement, and it gives a very natural look. For patients wishing a bit more fullness, I would then recommend Volift.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Achieving Fuller Lips

Injectables can provide you with fuller lips. I am disappointed you had a bad experience with restylane, but keep in mind that injectable fillers must be repeated about once a year or even more often. Injectables do not provide a permanent solution - fat injections, direct lip lift, sub-nasal lip lift and corner lip lift do. I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fuller lips

Thanks for your question. Cosmetic fillers such as Restylane and/or Juvederm work well to enhance the lips. On the other hand, fat grafting to the lips is also an option where fat is taken from other parts of the body and inserted back into the lips. This is a completely safe procedure and should be performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

German Newall, MD

Silicone for fuller lips?

Tony 
Stay away from silicone injections to your lips! I have had numerous patients with lots of problems from silicone injections, as it has a tendency to migrate over time and can look awful. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience with lip fillers like Hyaluronic acid or fat, because your experience is very unusual, as they are very effective. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD