Butt Lift and Breast Lift at the same time, is it worth it?

I'm scheduled for a butt lift in Miami & have consultation for breast lift in NJ next week. The doctor in NJ does butt lift and breast lift during same procedure. I would rather have both in NJ so that I don't have to travel & I will be close to the doctor for follow up visits. how do you recover from both procedures if for one you can't put pressure on your front and the other no pressure on your back. Do you think you get optimal results if you combine them or should they be done separately?

A breast lift procedure is typically very easy to recuperate from.  The majority of your recovery will come from the buttlift.  I would recommend you do them together to save recovery time, cost and reduce risks associated with two general anesthesia procedures.  Im sure you will do quite fine having both done. 

Butt lift as in BBL?

In short, a combination of sculpting your waistline with liposuction and augmenting your buttock with implants provides the best chance for a long lasting "hour-glass" figure. Please read on for more surgical details:

Regarding buttock/hip augmentation surgery, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients, domestic and international,  per week that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12+ months and/or the projection result was grossly insufficient) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock and/or hip implants). 

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are options but what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection and long-term results. 
Indeed because at least 80+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your buttock...so don't fall victim to this recommendation. Even those patients that had adequate amounts of fat pre-operatively, still end up seeking buttock implants after a year or so because most of the fat transferred melted away leaving them with minimal result.

Ryan Stanton, MD

#ASPS #BBL #lipo

Hello Thnj, Thank you  for your awesome question! Your bio is very helpful, however without the benefit of knowing your full health history and an in person exam it's impossible to say for certain. 

I perform many BBL plastic surgeries on patients from all over the country.  I would recommend you have an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon with these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle  *On faculty at local plastic surgery teaching program -- in our office we are affiliated with both Duke and UNC schools of plastic surgery.    Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best in your journey.  My sincere best, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon