My Eyes are Uneven, Should I be Concerned? (photo)

Should I be concerned about my uneven eyes? My right eye seems to have been moving higher than my left. I also have some weakness and numbness on the right side of my face. This is accompanied by constant pressure/dull pain above my right eye in the sinus cavity area. It is quite noticeable.

Doctor Answers 3

Eye Asymmetry

Your asymmetry is apparent in the photo.  I recommend getting evaluated by an Oculoplastic Surgeon and ENT Doctor.  I would want a CT scan of your sinus and orbits to rule out anything pushing up from your sinus into the orbit.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

See an oculoplastic surgeon

There are a variety of medical conditions that can cause what you're experiencing.  I can't comment based on the history and photo provided but you really need to see an oculplastic surgeon or an ophthalmologist.  Based on the recommendations this physician provides you can move on from there.


Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

Really bad photo for answering this.

Your photograph is very low resolution. However it looks like you may have upper eye retraction. If this is the case, you should see a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon for an assessment. The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on it website that will help you find a well qualified surgeon (ASOPRS dot org).

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.