Can uneven eyes after an overly aggressive brow lift be fixed? (photo)

I underwent a brow lift 3 years ago in Belgium. I waited for 6 months to a year for it to settle but it still looks like one eye is too tight. Would love to have this fixed but I have doubts as to which specialist to turn to...

Doctor Answers 3

Can uneven eyes after an overly aggressive brow lit be fixed?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are maneuvers to make adjustments depending on what procedure you had done. If you wanted to raise the lower side that could be accomplished with a neurotoxin or additional surgery. Lowering the higher side may have its limitations.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can A Browlift Be Reversed

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is evident from your photos that there is asymmetry of the upper lids and brows.  Browlift techniques which are done endoscopically, typically use bioabsorbable for permanent fixation devices.  In these situation, revision surgery can seek to free the fixated brow by removing a permanent fixation device, or elevating scar tissue that has formed after a bioabsorbable fixation device has dissolved. In situation such as coronal brow lift surgery, which involve removal of portions of the scalp tissue for brow elevation, revision can be much more difficult.  I suggest you get your records if you are able, and followup with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for consultation.  Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Brow over elevation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The unswear to your question might depend on how the brow lift was done.  If the procedure was done endoscopically  (through small incisions with the use of the camera) it should be easy to change.  On the other hand, if it your brow lift was done through a large incision and a segment of the skin was removed, it might be much harder to reverse.  To get a definitive answer I would recommend you seeing a Facial Plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Best wishes!

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.