Uneven eyebrows after botox. Should I return to the same surgeon?

My botox was done about 3 weeks ago. The right brow is significantly higher than the left at rest and when raising brows. It was done by a board certified plastic surgeon? Should I return to him? I'm nervous to make it worse. Will he raise the left or try to lower the right? Thanks for your advice!

If you are unhappy with your results... Absolutely!

If you have not achieved the result you desired from your treatment, you should definitely contact the physician that provided the services.  If you feel that your eyebrows are uneven, you should have him take a look, and advise you on what can be done to correct this.

Botox result

I think that you should see your surgeon that did your Botox treatment.  It may be a simple solution.    If they are anything like me they would want to make sure you are really happy and I imagine they can get you there with a simple fix.
Dr Rodger Shortt
Plastic Surgeon Oakville

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Eyebrows Uneven After Botox

• I would definitely recommend returning to your surgeon to be evaluated if you are not satisfied with the results of your Botox.  
  • Occasionally, uneven eyebrows can result from Botox injections, but this is usually easily fixed with a few extra units during a repeat injection. 
  • At Sound Plastic Surgery in Seattle we always want our patients to let us know if they are less than completely satisfied with their Botox results.  I imagine your plastic surgeon would also want to know if you are having any issues. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Return to injector

Go back to the person who injected you, they should be able to easily adjust this. Best of luck.

Dr. Lambeth

William Lambeth, MD (retired)
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Uneven brows

Yes - do go back to your original injector.  This is an easy touch up, with a few extra units to relax the high side.

Eyebrows After Botox

Sometimes there is some hyperreactivity in the muscle after botox treatment.  Id return to the same physician if you liked him/her and get a small touch up.  A few units will fix this and it is not uncommon.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Touch up after receiving Botox treatment

An experienced injector will be able to symmetrize your brows with a few small "touch-up" doses of Botox.  Depending on the reason for your asymmetry, it may be possible to elevate the depressed brow (relaxing the lateral orbicularis muscle) as well as slightly lowering the elevated brow (treating the frontalis muscle on that side).  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Fixing uneven brows after Botox

If your right brow is higher and there is a wrinkle above it or evidence of stronger muscle contraction, then that is where I would put a little more Botox to relax that muscle, and correct the asymmetry.  I agree that Botox can sometimes require a follow up adjustment, and asymmetries can occur now and then even with very experienced board-certified injectors.  I would recommend you return to that same MD.

Karen Stolman, MD
Sandy Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven eyebrows after Botox

It is possible to have some difference between sides after a Botox treatment.  Normally, this can easily be corrected with a touch up treatment.  I would definitely return to the doctor who performed your injection, as this is not a difficult task.  You would need to be examined to determine if it would be better to raise one brow or lower the other.  You should discuss this with the doctor who treated you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brows Uneven after Botox

Hi K.  That's a tough call.  We have had Ptosis (lowering of the brow) happen in our practice less than 5 times over the past 10 years.  But it does happen rarely with new patients because no injector is perfect.  

In these instances, we appreciate the opportunity to visit with the patient and correct the problem.  With that said, we are not sure that you have a lowered brow because it's a random and rare mistake or because your injector is not very good.  No one can answer that question for you and you just have to make a judegment call.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD