Undo Asian Double Eyelid by Adding Buffer Between Scar Tissue and Skin?

If an Asian with previous double eyelid had anchor technique to heighten crease is now dissatisfied with the higher crease, can they create a buffer using fat to eliminate surgical crease and not have a new crease made?

Doctor Answers 4

Asian blepharoplasty reversal and techniques

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You can reverse your asian double eyelid fold. You need to determine how much lower you would like your crease and this will direct the surgeon. This will be done with your surgeon. The crease would have to be opened and the scarring and adherence needs to be released. Usually this is done through the lower incision that will be the new crease. If you original surgeon took too much skin though this could make things much more complicated. The reversal is a difficult operation and you have to be realistic about the results.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

This sounds like a tough problem

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Posting up some photos would help get a sense of the difficulty of the problem. Lowering a high crease is possible but depends on many factors such as how much fat was removed, how high is the crease and what is the position of the eyeball in relation to your eye socket. It's difficult to eliminate the crease but you may be able to get the crease much smaller and into an acceptable range.

Charles S. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 79 reviews

Revision Asian Blepharoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Unfortunately, this situation is not one that is easily corrected but it depends on the situation of your current eyelids and what you are looking to achieve.  You need to consult with a board certified specialist who performs revision asian eyelid surgery for a thorough consultation.  

Kimberly Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Despite what you might have read on the internet, this is next to impossible.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Because doing what you are asking for is so very difficult to actually perform, we often look for other options for addressing the high crease.  The best of these options is correcting any existing upper eyelid ptosis.  Fillers in the upper eyelid fold is also a very good option.  Ultimately it is all about what precisely is going on with your eyelids.  This really requires a personal consultation with a surgeon who does a lot of Asian eyelid surgery and fixes Asian eyelid surgery that goes awry.  I suspect you will need to travel out of the area to find an appropriate surgeon.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.