I want to know if the Botox I had in my forehead can cause a welt to form under my eye a few days after the injection? (photo)

I received botox for the first time on Monday afternoon. Just a small amount in my forehead between my eyes. I have felt fine other than a headache. However, this morning (Thursday) I woke up with a reddish welt under my left eye. I am not sure if this is from the botox or not. It does not hurt but is a but itchy

Related to Botox

It is unlikely that they are related. I'd recommend booking an appointment with your medical doctor for an assessment.

All the best. 

Botox

Thank you for your question. Sometimes there may be swelling, but consult with your doctor so that the area can be reviewed.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Botox not related to welt

It is very unlikely that the Botox traveled from your forehead to under your eye. There is a chance that it can migrate once injected, but only in high doses. The most common thing that would happen is there would be Eyelid Droop (Ptosis). This is above the eye though, so the welt that you present in the picture does not seem directly related to the Botox.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in Forehead

It seems very unlikely that Botox caused a welt in an area days later which was distant to where the Botox was injected.  I would consult a board certified dermatologist to examine the area to determine the best treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox local issue

While it is possible to get a local reaction or even a bruise from Botox, a distant "welt" is not likely.  Best to se your doctor.

Eyelid swelling following Botox

It's unlikely that the swelling of your left lower eyelid us caused by the Botox injection. If the swelling persists, consult your medical doctor. 

Flora Levin, MD FACS
Westport Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox side effect?

Botox would not cause a distant swelling after injection so this is some other type of issue. your family doctor should be able to  help with this

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Lower Eyelid Swelling After Botox to Forehead

If the Botox was injected into the forehead and glabella, it is unlikely to be the cause of lower eyelid swelling as it would not travel that far after injection.

Sejal Shah, MD

? Welt from Botox

It is possible to get a bruise at the local site of Botox.  In your case that would be in the frown area.  The welt under your eye would not be from that.  If it is itchy, and from looking at the picture, it is possibly an insect bite.  The only real way that could be from getting Botox is if you were bitten by the bug while getting the injection...
Enjoy the Botox, it works great!

Seth Kates, MD
Worcester Dermatologic Surgeon

Lower eyelid swelling after Botox between brows

It is not likely that Botox injected between the brows is responsible for swelling or itching of the lower eyelid.