Ultherapy for eye bags and circles?

I'm 26 this year, fair skinned and am Asian. I have seen 2 aesthetic doctors and they recommended Ultherapy. The first said that it can be quite painful while the other mentioned that there is 'new technology' so it's almost pain free. As it is quite costly, what is the treatment efficacy? What should I look out for in terms of the doctor's qualifications?

Ultherapy

ultherapy is a good treatment for this type of problem in someone your age. the new protocols deliver more pulses at a lower energy so it is less painful and even more effective. should not be expensive, as it is a 5 minute treatment

Newton Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy for under eyes

The second doctor is correct in that he has "upgraded his device" as the new "program upgrade" has lower energy settings, is more efficacious and less painful. 

The fact that he says "he has upgrades" implies that he has done many and has the "third generation device" in his office. 

Read my Ultherapy book.

We have performed hundreds of successful Ultherapy procedures in our Buffalo Niagara offices. 

Ultherapy for eye bags and circles?

Ultherapy is typically used for lifting and tightening the skin around the neck and jawline and is not generally used for eye issues. You might be better off seeking treatment through a filler. I recommend having a consultation to determine your best option. 

Ultherapy for Bags Beneath Eyelids

Ultherapy is meant for the neck or under the chin, and I wouldn't recommend it for bags beneath the eyes. To deal with your condition, I would recommend a volumizer such as Sculptra, which can restore roundness and fullness beneath the eyes.

Carlo P. Honrado, MD, FACS

Ultherapy is not a good treatment for lower eyelid bags

Ultherapy is a great treattment for lifting sagging facial cheeks and jowls and tightening necks. Unless the bags are on the cheek, the lower eyelid skin is often not treated by Ultherapy as the transducer, even the smaller one for the infraorbital (below the eyelid) area is too bulky and the energy is not designed to be placed right over the eye.In addition, the bags may respond differently if they are fat pads or water retention. The more shallow 1.5mm transucer is less painful then the deeper tips, and the newer handpiece is designed to allow the physician to lower the energy settings making it less painful, but there is still some component of pain for most patients which is made tolerable with some oral medication.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy Might Not Be the Best

You might want to consult with an occuloplastic surgeon specializing in Asian Eyes.  Ultherapy might help but it might not be the best option.

Jerome Potozkin, MD
Danville Dermatologic Surgeon