Sides of nostrils were cut off to make it more narrow. Now nostrils are different in shape and size, will this improve? (photos)

The doctor tells me this is due to inflammation but it has been 2 weeks and it looks the same. Will this improve or will i need another surgery?

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Alarplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. You are still early in your recovery and your nose is still healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Alar base reduction

2 weeks is early, they may still have swelling/inflammation, give it a few months. However, as they are now they don't look too asymmetric. If the final results look like they do now, I recommend you don't do revision surgery because sometimes they cannot be perfect. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon