Should I wait for Juvederm to naturally dissolve or Hyalase to get rid of build up?

I had lip fillers nearly a year ago. Recently i felt one side of my top lip was bigger so i went to get filler to even it out. Because they were not symmetrical the practitioner put tiny bit on the big side and more on the other which evened them out. Since then the side that was hardly touched feels more swollen like there is a build up in there although they look okay. I have asked about dissolving but the practitioner thinks this is not necessary and should let it dissolve naturally?

Thanks for your query. You should just wait and let it dissolve naturally as your injector says. Hyalase dissolves the excess hyaluronic acid but if not given very appropriately it can dissolve the normal build up of the tissue protein that might destroy the evenness and since it was given in a very slight quantity it is best to leave it as such and let it dissolve naturally. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving Juvederm

If your lips are symmetrical and you like the result why would you dissolve them?  That will cause asymmetry and you will be trying to fix it again.

I would listen to your injector.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Asymmetry

If the lips look symmetrical then you might throw that appearance off if you dissolve product on one side.  You may try gently massaging the firm area to see if it will soften.  

Camille Cash, MD

Firmness after lip filler

I don't know the time frame but things gradually smooth out and become less firm. If it bothers your after a few weeks, it can easily be dissolved. Be patient.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Remove that Filler With Hyaluronidase

If you can afford to wait then it is OK to allow it dissolve naturally. I would only suggest dissolving it if there is a massive discrepancy, which by the sounds of it there is not! Go with the advice of your practitioner.

Lip filler looks good? Leave it alone

When we use fillers to correct asymmetries, there may be more material in one area over another. This allows for the correct contour to be produced.  If your lips look good, disregard the sensation that there is more filler in one area. This may have been necessary to create the proper correction, so there should be no need to dissolve it. Let the filler wear off naturally and enjoy it. 

Elba Pacheco, MD
Annapolis Oculoplastic Surgeon

Remove that Filler With Hyaluronidase

I suggest removing it if you are unhappy and then replacing it with new filler or a different technique.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm Lip Filling

Dear lr2408:

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend leaving the lip fillers alone and letting them reabsorb naturally.  All the best.

Juvederm lip management

Hey LR thanks for your question- 

I agree with your injector on this one. Using the dissolving agent will likely dissolve all or most of the juvederm but it can be a tricky process and one that's difficult to predict unless your trying to dissolve everything. Also, it would create an even more uneven lip. 

With my lip patients, we usually just even out the smaller side and keep things going and patients do very well. Don't be too alarmed with asymmetric swelling and tenderness just after the injection. 

Hope this helps!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician