Different versions of zeltiq machine

I found that there are two versions of Zeltiq machine, one with silver surface and another with white plastic surface. what the difference between these two versions? Which one has better effect and security? Is the difference very significant? Thanks for answering.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Please visit the website for a certified doctor

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq and determining if it is a fake

The best way to determine if you are having the REAL coolsculpting is to go on the coolsculpting indicator and check to see if the physician is on their physician profile.  If they are not on the web site then you probably have a fraud which will not give you the same results.

Legit machine

Interesting question! The best way to determine if the provider has a legitimate Coolsculpting machine made by the company Zeltiq is to visit the Coolsculpting website and find a provider in your area.  The practitioner would not be listed if they do not have a legitimate machine. 

If memory serves correctly...

I believe the original CoolSculpting machines came with silver plastic panels on the exterior. The newer version of the machine ships in white. Zeltiq does not make any machines which are capable of utilizing multiple applicators at once. Many of the chinese knockoffs advertise to physicians that you can deliver multiple areas at once with one machine. The easiest way to know if a practice is a legitimate source for CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is to go to the CoolSculpting website and look at the physician locator. Only practices that have legitimate machines will be listed on the coorporate website.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Counterfeit Machines!

The real machine has a white, plastic surface.  Be careful who you go to.  We get patients all the time that had the treatment done elsewhere with a fake machine and didn't see any results.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting

I am not sure what the different surfaces signify.  I would want to make sure they are both Zeltiq.  There are many machines out there, mostly from China, that are trying to copy Zeltiq's Coolsculpting device.  They may work, but are not FDA approved for safety.   

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Outside Appearance of Coolsculpting Device

To my knowledge, there is one machine available within the US. There may be different face plates which does not effect the functionality or efficacy of the treatment. Make sure that your doctor uses a device approved by the FDA as I came across some non-approved machines shipped here from abroad.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Same zeltiq

Over the years, the color of the device may have changed.  However, as with other modern devices, as the technology has evolved, physicians have been able to upgrade the software and applicators on their older 'boxes'.  There are now 4 different applicators available to best customize treatments for each patient's needs.  So confirm your physician has a brand name zeltiq coolsculpting device and the full array of applicator options.  To speed your treatment time and reduce fat faster, look for a physician with dualsculpting, two coolsculpting devices that can be used simultaneously for one patient, and a z-wave to massage the area(s) treated immediately afterward.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

There are different facades on the Coolsculpting machines but they are equally effective

The machines have changed their outside appearance over the years but the working parts are all the same.  Make sure it is the Zeltiq brand because there are illegal knock offs from china.

Steven F. Weiner, MD