Is this swelling or near enough to final result? (Photo)

I am 12 days out from open rhinoplasty for refining tip and slightly reducing bridge and columella show. The photo on the left is day of cast removal and I love how my nose looks , it's softer looking . Now on day 12 it looks pointy and my columella show looks like it's going back to the way it was before surgery . Could this just be swelling or was it swelling that gave it the nicer round appearance after cast removal? I know it's still early days but I loved my nose few days ago

Changes in nasal shape after rhinoplasty

Due to the complex nature of the nose, swelling may take several months to resolve after a rhinoplasty. Most swelling resolves after two weeks, but the final swelling may take up to a year to subside. It is important to know that due to tissue trauma during surgery, there would be significant internal and external swelling. This swelling may causes nasal obstruction as well as widening of the nose. If you had your nasal surgery less than a month ago, this is very normal healing process of nasal surgery.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Hi,

This is likely related to swelling. 12 days is still very early. Be sure to express these changes to your surgeon, so he/she can best guide you. 

Best wishes in your recovery,

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Ross Blagg, MD
Austin Physician

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Dear fafa123, You are early in the recovery phase and as swelling dissipates changes will be seen in your result. If you do a side by side comparison I would also suggest using the same sides. See your surgeon for any questions or concerns and hopefully he/she can answer your questions and provide you some peace of mind. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD