Can a non-surgical nose job "bring back" a bulbous nasal tip?

Prior to my rhinoplasty, I had a fairly bulbous nasal tip. It would appear my surgeon has refined my tip to such an extent that not only do my nostrils appear wider from the front, but when I smile the new tip becomes even thinner and looks shriveled and almost hook-like. Can filler build up this up to give the appearance of a bulbous tip?

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm

The tip is a more complicated area to treat as it is higher risk of complications with fillers but typically fillers can be used in this area if you are a candidate.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Surgical revision rhinoplasty to make the tip wider

Surgical revision rhinoplasty would be helpful to make the tip wider with cartilage grafts for permanent improvement and structural support.  Important to know whether or not there is any cartilage left in the nose  after the primary rhinoplasty for grafting purposes.

Fillers to restore a bulbous nasal tip?

As with most things in medicine the answer is "maybe." Given the tightness of skin at the nasal tip in most patients, it can be very difficult to impossible to inject any fillers there with predictability. They often just won't go. Also, if the narrowness of the tip is from inadequate support from the underlying cartilage (a not uncommon reason), fillers can even make this area *worse* by adding additional loading to the area which can result in obstructing the nasal airway. Lastly, they can compromise blood supply to the tip skin simply by compression of the tissues which can be disastrous. For the rare patient, fillers can be an option, but more likely the safer and more reliable approach would be a surgical revision rhinoplasty.Hope this helps,--DCPPearson Facial Plastic Surgery®

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon