Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck? I have loose skin and abdominal separation after giving birth to two children (Photo)

I have had 2 children I'm 27 and I have loose skin and I think abdominal separation.. what kind of tummy tuck would be best ?

If you're done having children

you could benefit from some kind of tummy tuck procedure.  Be wary of where your scar will be and what your belly button will look like as a traditional tummy tuck will leave you with a lot of scars and not a huge improvement.  Things to consider are umbilical floats, mini-tucks, shorter scars, and keeping the scars low.  There are too many high scars that I see her that make me wonder 'what were they thinking'?

Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a lateral tension abdominoplasty. This is a special kind of tummy tuck that I perform which removes loose skin and also tightens the abdominal muscles that can be loosened during pregnancy. I often perform liposuction of the flanks with this procedure to add additional contour for the waistline. You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck candidate

You appear as though you would benefit from a traditional tummy tuck, which includes muscle tightening (plication). You may not need any liposuction as you appear to be in good shape. Consult with a few plastic surgeons near you for an exam in person.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!The best clients are patients who are healthy but have EXCESS SKIN OR FAT that does not respond to diet and exercise. Patients who have undergone SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT LOSS and have hanging skin. Women with loose skin and stretch marks FOLLOWING PREGNANCY, as in your case. Anyone with LOSS OF SKIN ELASTICITY. Patients who are unable to tighten the abdominal wall with exercise. If you have loose or sagging abdominal wall skin; often associated with relaxation of the anterior abdominal wall muscles (frequently secondary to multiple pregnancies)

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

From your photos and history, I believe you would be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck.  Whether a mini TT or a full tummy tuck would best serve you would require a physical exam.  If you are not planning to have any more children then you could proceed.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive tummy tuck experience.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck? I have loose skin and abdominal separation after giving birth to two children

I think a full tummy tuck with muscle repair above and below the belly button as well as some direct fat excision on the upper abdomen is a good option for you. 

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck

You appear to be a good candidate for the tummy tuck.  The procedure will tighten the abdominal muscles that often become separated during pregnancy.  In addition loose skin is removed giving an improved contour to the abdomen.  I encourage you to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD

There are a variety of tummy tucks that can produce a good cosmetic result in the appropriate patient: a mini tummy tuck, a modified with an umbilical float,  or a variety of a full abdominoplasty, all of which may, or may not, include tightening of the muscle and liposuction. Generally if there is significant loose skin above the umbilicus (belly button), a full tummy tuck will result in a greater correction and better outcome. 
Based on your limited photo, you appear to be anatomically a candidate for a  tummy tuck and liposuction of selective areas. It is difficult to tell whether you are a good candidate without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, realistic expectations, and whether you are finished having children. An abdominoplasty should be delayed until you  have finished all of your pregnancies. Lesser procedures will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient with your anatomy.
If a member of my family underwent a tummy tuck, it would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) . If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure. 
Robert Singer, MD FACS 
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for tummy tuck surgery after two pregnancies?

Thanks for your question.  Most patients will benefit from a tummy tuck surgery after two pregnancies.  The benefits are tightening of your muscles ("rectus diastasis") and removal of lax skin with liposuction of the "grab handles."  In your photos I note that you have a high positioned belly button which indicates to me that you need a face to face exam to determine whether you're a candidate for a full tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck.  The video link above discusses the difference between the two and their are many examples of tummy tucks on my web site for you.  Good luck and best wishes, Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question. Based on your pregnancy history and pictures, you will likely be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery. The tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is an operation designed to improve contour of the abdominal wall and surrounding areas.  Generally, the operation involves removal of "excess" skin and adipose tissue of the lower abdominal wall and re approximation of the abdominal wall muscles that may have spread with pregnancies and/or weight gain/loss.  Adjacent areas such as flanks and/or pubic areas can also be addressed at the same time. 

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

You will find a lot of information regarding your this operation on this website. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more.   Best wishes.