Can I speed up the toxins metabolism? I hate my gummy smile Botox correction and want to get rid of it

I need to speed up how fast the Botox goes as my treatment for a gummy smile has flattened my pink lip line and my Z smile looks awful

Hate gummy smile.

Never have anyone place botox anywhere near your mouth.  It is not recommended in my opinion and these types of things happen way too often.  One thing you can try...to increase your metabolism, is to increase your level of activity.  For example exercise etc.  May or may not work but you have nothing to lose and all to gain. Hope this helps.
Dr V

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Gummy smile correction not always good

I agree, sometimes the correction is less desirable than showing your gums. There is nothing that can be done to speed up the Botox recovery. Because it is usually a small dose, it won't last the full 3 months.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

There is unfortunately no way to speed up how fast Botox wears off.

There is unfortunately no way to speed up how fast Botox wears off. Botox effects are temporary, however, and will wear off within 3 to 4 months. If the dose was low, it’s possible it might wear off a little bit sooner. The only thing you can really do at this point is be patient. I hope this helps.

Botox

Thanks for your question. Botox is a temporary neuroparalytic that is used to eliminate wrinkles in the periorbital and forehead area. Its also works well for softening the 11s (corrugated muscle). Fillers are used to add volume to the face and also deal with dipper folds and lines such as the smile lines and marionette lines. In addition filler can be used for filling the tear trough deformity and adding volume to the cheeks and lips. Please consult with your plastic surgeon to review the best options available for you.
Good Luck.

Ali Sadeghi, MD, FACS
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

METABOLISM VARIES

We just finished a study comparing Botox and Xeomin last year and presented it at the Boston PS Meeting in November. We found the two products 100% identical in onset and duration.

What we did not expect, was the variation in duration among the patients.  
Conventional wisdom in the early 90s when we first experimented with Botox, was that it lasted 3 mos.

When patients told us that their Botox lasted 6 months  or more, I dismissed it as wishful thinking because if the neurotoxin was not metabolized, new nerve growth was supposed to replace the blocked nerves in 3 to 4 months.

NOT SO!   In ten patients, we had variations from 2 1/2 months to 7 1/2 months with the majority between 3 and 4 months.

Everyone was different with same dosage and administration!

Metabolism cannot be accelerated but it will wear off.  Be patient, and do not let anyone inject your lips again.

Luis Villar, MD, FACS

Botox Results

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. You should have received a rather small dose and your results should being to wear off around 3 months. 

All the best. 

Botox- make effect go away

Thank you for asking about your Botox.

• Unfortunately, Botox effects cannot be reversed.
  • As I understand the situation, Botox attached to microscopic nerve endings.
  • Botox effects wear off when new nerve endings appear -
  • This is genetically determined and not something we know how to change.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Botox for Gummy Smile

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with your Botox treatment.  The good news is that the Botox effect will wear off over time.  Usually small doses are used for gummy smile, so it will likely wear off sooner than three months.  Unfortunately, there is no known way to make the Botox effect wear off faster.  But with a little time, it will go away.
Regards,
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Speeding up Botox

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do apart from letting time take its course. Hopefully it will improve quickly. 

Dr Bonaparte

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Gummy smile

There is no way to speed up the disappearance of the toxin, but it wears off gradually, so there will be improvement.  be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to be certain things are not overdone if you have it again in the future

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist